Education in Sustainable Development
Acquire competences in evaluating, planning and carrying out projects within a subject or cross-curricular subjects relating to teaching, or working with, sustainability.
Start date: 19 August 2019
End date: 20 December 2019
Apply before: 1 May 2019
Danish or Exchange students from various faculties or programs of study who have been permitted to study at a university or a University College, in particular Teacher Education students.
The course is particularly suitable for students in the faculties of education, social sciences, natural sciences and humanities.
In order to participate, students must speak English at an advanced level (preferably C level in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)).
Purpose of The Course
The module gives you competences in evaluating, planning and carrying out projects within a subject or cross-curricular subjects relating to teaching, or working with, sustainability.
Focus is on
- different theories on sustainability
- the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals
- local and global ecological footprint
- sustainable resource utilization, e.g. sustainable food production
- interaction between people and technology
- didactic discussion on why and how to teach sustainable subjects
- developing materials and didactic designs for teaching sustainable subjects