Nature and Outdoor Activities
Learn to establish learning environments based on natural science in an outdoor context, emphasizing on experiences and understandings of nature and natural phenomena.
Start date: 13 May 2019
End date: 28 June 2019
Duration: 7 weeks
Apply before: 1 November 2018
Students from areas of study such as Social Education, Teacher Education, or Physical Education.
Applying students will be enrolled in an existing course taught in Danish, however students are provided with English support throughout the coursework.
Purpose of The Module
The module is of interest to students who want to establish learning environments based on natural science in an outdoor context for children, youths or adults.
These learning environments emphasize experiences and understandings of nature and natural phenomena.
The purpose of the module is that the student has knowledge about:
- Global environmental challenges, nature and phenomena of nature, and possibilities in learning and experiencing in outdoor settings
- The didactics of nature and outdoor activities
- Challenges in communicating nature in the pedagogical profession
- The conditions for different target groups who will be participating, experiencing and learning in outdoor activities
It is also the purpose that the students is capable of:
- Planning, conducting and assessing pedagogical outdoor activities
- Creating experiences with a variety of communicational approaches with the preconditions and perspectives of the participants’ in mind
- Including nature and outdoor activities in daily pedagogical praxis and developing methods for communicating nature
- Organising and establishing pedagogical courses in communicating nature and outdoor activities with regard to the different preconditions of the participants.